Confident people who feel great about themselves have 10 habits in common that I’m about to give you in this article. Self-confident individuals are popular, attract women and men, and get promotions at work so it’s vital to improve this area of your life.
Use these 10 tips of confident persons that even a child can follow to gain self-confidence, win friends, and improve your social skills:
1. Smile. It seems almost too simple, but once you activate those forgotten muscles around your mouth, you begin to feel better about yourself. You feel happier and more easily make friends.
2. Stand up straight. Powerful people with high self-esteem have a strong presence that comes from a good posture. Lift your chest up and relax to improve your nonverbal communication and have people feel you’re someone important. Try it now and you’ll be surprised!
3. Do activities that promote confidence. If you contrast what you may think of as a “loser” to someone important, you’ll notice the “loser” does things like watch TV, play computer games, and stays at home. The powerful alpha person minimizes participation in these low-value activities.
Easily improve your self-esteem by doing confidence-building activities like joining Toastmasters, helping a charity, and teaching a class at night.
4. Complete difficult tasks. Success breeds success and confidence. When you accomplish a difficult task, your confidence builds. You feel more adept at handling what comes your way, which is a key habit to better self-confidence.
5. Think positively. If you go to therapy, you’ll be taught positive thinking. Individuals with poor self-esteem think they are unlikable, unfriendly, uninteresting. People with high self-esteem think:
– others already like them
– they are friendly
– they are interesting
– situations work out the way they do for a good reason (often a lesson)
6. Exercise. Get your body moving. You’ll begin to look better and feel better about yourself. Imagine how good you’d feel having abs of a model?
7. Make others feel comfortable. If you lack confidence, you probably try hard at making yourself feel comfortable. Take the focus off yourself and make others comfortable by complimenting them, listening, and smiling. You’ll suddenly feel better about yourself.
8. Be interested in people. Energy-sucking persons are self-absorbed and question themselves if they are interesting. People-magnetic persons confidently show interest in others with questions and focusing the conversation on subjects that interest their conversational partner.
9. Assume likability. The easy way to build self-confidence when socializing is to assume others already like you. Believe you’re already friends with strangers at a party. You’ll instantly build your self-esteem because you see others quickly warming up to you. Important people have good social skills.
10. Desire to continually grow. This is the ultimate trait that will determine whether you improve your self-esteem or let your confidence shrivel like a dried piece of fruit. Continue to learn skills that build confidence and win you friends then you’ll truly feel great.